I know I’ve been gone for a while, things started getting a little crazy.. but I’ve decided to come back, and what better way to kick off a comeback than with a new section??? I’ve decided I’m going to start a “What’s for Dinner” section of the blog. I pride myself on cooking dinner just about every night, and it’s (almost) always something healthy ((and for the most part pretty cheap too!!)). So I figured I’d share what’s for dinner, and if its something new to the house, I’ll tell you guys how it came out too !
Tonight Menu is Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken and Vegetables (Chef Meg’s Makeover) from Spark Recipes. This recipe is super easy to follow and *hopefully* just as tasty!!
I did change the recipe a little…
- I used 4 zucchinis insead of 2
- I added a diced Red Bell Pepper
- Added a diced Onion
- Added a few shakes of Oregano
- Added some freshly grated mozz to the top (around a cup give or take)
- Omitted the celery (didn’t have any)
- Omitted the thyme (not a huge fan)
I cut the chicken breast up to about the size of tenders, and they were half frozen when they went in so they will take a little longer, but can’t wait to try it!